Responsive Tours is a "mobile and global" HTML5/Windows Azure sample that is progressive, showing design -> development -> deployment workflow. It demonstrates a modern HTML5 web site that uses Responsive Web Design to adapt to desktop/tablet/phone
browsers. It uses open standards on the web client and the Microsoft web platform on the web server, including MVC3. It leverages Windows Azure cloud computing for hosting, storage, database, and web sign-in to social networks. It is deployed to data centers
in US, Europe, and Asia for worldwide scale.
There are 7 progressive projects in the download:
1. Design: Design Site Front End
2. Web Project: Import into Web Template
3. Integrate: Add Dynamic Content
4. Cloud-ready: Set up for Windows Azure
5. Secured: Sign-in with web identity
6. Deployed: Deployed to the cloud
7. Global: Deployed worldwide with traffic management
Access the site live at http://responsive-tours.com
. You'll be randomly sent to a US, European, or Asian Windows Azure data center.
Contributed by David Pallmann, Neudesic